Location: Tappers Gin, Wirral, CH49 0AB
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours including weekend/evening shifts
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 based on experience
We are Tappers – reviving the Art of Gin at our seaside home on the Wirral Peninsula near to the historic cities of Chester and Liverpool. We're driven by our passion for hand-crafted quality, premium natural ingredients and authentic independence. We chart our own course, crafting small-batch spirits imbued with unique stories.
To support the continued growth of our business, including through several exciting partnerships with high-profile individuals, we are recruiting an Assistant Distiller with a can-do attitude.
Reporting to the Founder & Managing Director, you will work on the production lines of our award-winning spirits, look after the day-to-day logistics of goods receipt and goods dispatch, handle enquiries from our customers and assist with our Distillery event schedule.
The company are seeking someone who is hardworking, confident and has a drive to succeed. The nature of the position requires a significant amount of hands-on physical work as well as associated tasks such as record keeping which require close attention to detail and accuracy.
This role is an excellent opportunity gain all-round knowledge of the workings of a craft distillery with opportunity for future development and progression.
- Creation of product to set recipes and finished material specifications
- Participation in quality control, quality assurance and analysis
- Record-keeping and inventory control in line with strict HMRC and food hygiene requirements
- Ensuring health and safety rules and procedures are always adhered to
- Maintaining and ensuring stringent standards of cleanliness throughout the Distillery including CIP and cleaning of equipment
- Packing, warehousing, and pick/dispatch of goods
- Goods receipt and inventory control
- Handling sales enquiries
- Hosting Distillery visitors
- Assisting with the event schedule including preparing the Distillery and Tasting Room for on-site activities
- Other duties from time to time, commensurate with the role, as we may reasonably require
- GCSE Grade A-D in Mathematics, English and Science (a degree in Science/Engineering is preferable but not essential)
- Previous employment in a production environment (a distillery/brewery/winery or in quality control is preferable but not essential)
Skills and qualities
- Friendly, reliable, motivated, and hard-working
- Willingness to be hands-on in all areas of Distillery operations
- Practical, calm under pressure and eager to learn
- Attention to detail
- Exemplary record keeping, time management, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills
- Physically fit and able to lift loads of up to 25kg
- Comfortable using heavy machinery
Submit a full CV with two referees and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role with reference to the above person specification, explaining what you believe you can bring with you to the Tappers Gin family.
Completed applications should be submitted via email to email@example.com
Short-listed candidates will be invited to interview
For all enquiries, contact us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01244 966 100